Rails Rake Tutorial
More Rake stuff from railsenvy:
Now that you know enough to start writing useful rake tasks, I figured I should leave you with a few more resources. The best way to improve your programming is to read other people’s code, so a few of these are existing useful rake tasks people have written.
- These brand new rake tasks in Edge Rails create and reset your databases for you. Neato!
- Craig Ambrose wrote a Rake task to do database backups, which you can use.
- Adam Greene put together a set of Rake tasks that allow you to backup all your data to Amazon S3. He sent me an updated version of these libraries you can download here.
- Jay Fields made a good point when he talked about testing rake tasks
- Err the blog talks about a new way of setting the RAILS_ENV and teaches how to use rake to boot you into a Mysql shell (be sure to read the comments if you browse this one).
- Last, but not least, there’s the Rake Bookshelf Books and Martin Fowler’s Using the Rake Build Language tutorial . Both of these are pretty thorough, but also a little dated.
You’re all set! If you find any other good ones, feel free to post them in the comments.